Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Field experience observations

I am going to say I have really enjoyed sitting and interacting with these teachers and children. Being able to observe and getting the chance to work with these children made me feel like they were dependent on me some times. It let me know that you are not only their teacher you are also a friend and mother figure. The question that kept me puzzled is why some of these teachers have to talk to their students the way that they do. Some teachers, not in the classes I observed, while walking by I could hear unhappy tones addressed toward classes. Seems like when teachers see a visitor is in the building the tone is automatically improved and happy. I would like to know that the children are treated equally and with respect all of the time. When I become a teacher I will make sure that every child is treated the same and treated with respect. I guess what I was doing was seeing how the teachers act out of frustration and I can see why some students go home and tell their parents the teacher was rude to them.
For the most part I was really impressed with the teachers I selected to observe. The efforts that they put forth into their children and their education was impressive. The classrooms were really decorative and reflected some of the things the book mentioned. Like the posters, good grades, and different educational sayings and encouragement. It was neat to be able to see some of the points in the book coming into play. For example: Different learning styles, how the 3rd grade boys were allready developing their little group of guys clique. and the different children that you can look at and just know that they have a ruff time at home. All of these things begin to really stand out from sitting back and watching as well as substituting. Being able to interact with these children make it hard not to get attached to them a want to help them and work with them, and get to know them. I am excited and ready to get my praxis over and begin the remaining course so that I can begin my career as a teacher!!! It has been a great semester!!

No comments:

Post a Comment